Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can enjoy a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, purchase the ingredients, and learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Line Cook transforms high-quality, unique ingredients into authentic Italian dishes through preparing, cooking and plating food items in Eataly s exciting, high-volume, open kitchens. Reports to the Sous Chef Manager or Chef de Cuisine.
- Portions, cuts, slices, dips, batters, breads, whips, beats, maintains holding temperature, fries and saut s
- Selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables to be used for frying or saut ing
- Plates menu items along with appropriate garnish
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures, and Department of Health regulations
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years in a food preparation position
- Degree from a culinary arts training program preferred
- Good knife skills and finger dexterity to use small tools and utensils adeptly
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 4 hours in length
- Ability to lift pots, pans, etc., up to 40 lbs.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Health Coverage - Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff meal during shift and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
More detail about Eataly NYC Downtown part of Eataly North America, please visit
Associated topics: baking, cafeteria, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinero de produccion, diner, dinner, grill, lunch, sandwich, steakhouse